Saturday 22 October 2011

From Stitch to Pixel

So it's about time I start my own website after using blogger as a "pseudo" website for ages to put up my work. But my work has also changed. I have been working as a full time graphic designer for about 5 months now and have been learning all sorts. So I'm presently working on my website at the moment using an Adobe program called Muse.

I have been using it for my job and it's been pretty great to work with, aside from the few glitches as it's still in beta mode, and me making my own mistakes as I get use to using it.


Above is the lookbook website I did for work, also using Muse.


And here is a snapshot of my new logo and website that I'm presently working on. The font is called Demming by Mike Fortress and I used Illustrator to align the fonts and outlines, and Photoshop to create the textured effects.


If you like unique retro fonts, Lost Type Co-Op is a great website to download them from. It's a Pay-What-You-Want Type Foundry where users have the opportunity to pay whatever they like for a font, or even for free.


Let's see where this change in my career will lead me. I am enjoying learning new programs and it's still extremely creative and it's still design. It's not using materials like needles and yarns but I still stitch during my free time and will always continue to do so.

No comments: